|
alice wissing wrote: One thing I've noticed and seem to think it had reference to the struggle for Independance from Spain. . . But at a certain time period the records in Jalisco seem to stop indicating people by race. Those that were mestizo, mulato, espanol, indio etc are seen in the records as just people. I'm not sure of the date but somewhere in the early 1800's this absence of referring to race occured. Maybe what you are seeing is a gradual move from the "importance" of establishing race to the more politically correct or "preference" of the people to not have race play such an important part. Just a thought. I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't dream of sharing that without the proof of a DNA study. Its not like I show them the records first but I make reference to them as my evidence.
|